Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend

I'm so incredibly happy that Melissa, one of my longest ever friends came out to the coast this weekend. She came with her friend James on Saturday and then they left this morning. Melissa is one of my closest friends that I can tell anything and everything to and not think that she sees me differently or thinks the worst of me.

We went to the Sea Shack for dinner, Bayway for some drinks, and the Sea Shack for some more drinks and karoke. Yes I did sing again. My second time ever. Again though not up there by myself. This time I was with Stephanie and we sang a Carrie Underwood song. It was such a fun time.

Sunday, we went out to coffee. Walked to the beach with Lucky and Pretty Girl. James jogged. Melissa and I walked. Went to the Big Wave and then we began our journey. We started up at the Astoria Column walking up it so incredibly fast that it felt like we jogged up it. We drove to the Goonies house, bought candy in Seaside, took a picture of Melissa and James with Lewis and Clark, then to the Nehalem Bay Winery for some Blackberry wine.

For dinner I made some homemade noodles while James made some alfredo sauce and drank some of the Blackberry wine. It was subperb. It was so fantastic tasting that I would eat it everyday of the week if I could and not gain any weight at all. Then back to the Bayway for Pepsi in my case. Melissa was asked to have drinks with the owner of the bar so we had to go back there so she could before she left.

I kept trying to get her to move back in with us but unfortunately she isn't going to not anytime soon. Which is completely sad but it's ok. Maybe again one day. It was sad to say goodbye but its not for forever.

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

I am glad you had so much fun!!