Saturday, January 22, 2011

Demolition Phase 1

So I'm not quite sure if I told anyone about my present that I got from my aunt for Christmas. She bought me an electric sander. I was completely walking on clouds because I bought a hand sander that is completely fine but would have taken me forever to try to sand down all of our kitchen cabinets. That and the fact that it would have taken me longer to sand them down because of the accident that we were in my arm and shoulder wouldn't have allowed me to do that much.

Bill and I have started our demolition of the house. Bill has been using an air compressor and gun to break the bricks free from around the fireplace. He has gotten a lot done so far and just has the bricks on the floor and then about a foot to two feet in places of bricks on the wall. We also have been able to pull down 2 of the panel boards with 3 more to come. The panelling has always darkened the living room in that corner and now that 2 out of the 5 boards are gone you can tell instananeously that its already brighter.

While he is breaking apart the bricks I used my electric sander and started sanding down one of the kitchen cabinets. It was fun. We bought stain awhile ago and since I sanded down the cabinet I stained it as well. It will be interesting to see what it's going to look like because my other staining project didn't turn out really good. I have to wait until 7:45 tonight to re-sand and then re-stain. I'm hoping that it comes out well. I also have knobs to put on the cabinets to really make them look like new.

Hopefully soon pictures will come. I will try to do some before and after shots if I have any left of the fireplace like it used to be.

1 comment:

B said...

Remodeling is HUGE! Glad you are getting a good start on it and look forward to pics.... It will be so nice when you are finished! :oD