Monday, April 26, 2010

Beach Walk/Run 2010

So I'm coming up to 3 months away from the Beach Walk/Run 5k or 10k. I did it last year and I put in about a 14 minute mile for my 5k. I jogged the whole thing in heavy, heavy fog but at least I did it!! I was just ecstatic that I wasn't last!! I was second to last. However last in my Age/Group. I was 6th out of 6 in my age group. Sad but I figured it was coming.

Place Name Bib # Age Age/Group
Group Place
75 Nyssa Cardwell
153 20 6 F 20-29 45:47.0



This year I'm going for getting at least a 12 minute mile and hopefully not being second to last and I'll be shaving about 5 minutes off my time last year. We will see if it happens like I want it to.

But, my plan is to jog just a mile in April, 2 miles in May, and then bump it up to 3 miles in June and then do 3 miles for the last 2 months building my speed up. However last week on Thursday I did 1.5 miles so I may be bumping everything up earlier. I know I just want to get a good time and beat my old one that I have. Good luck to me.

4 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

Im excited for this years walk/run! Count me in for the march of dimes too!

Emily said...

I think I'm going to try the 5k this year but I may see if Hannah wants to do it with me so we'll prob. end up with a walk/jog/walk/jog sort of routine.

B said...

Wow, I can't even imagine trying to do a 5k....... Good for you!

The Cloth Addict said...

I know you will do great!