Friday, January 9, 2009

Fun filled weekend

Well it all started yesterday when I made a Chocolate Truffle Cake (HM, so good.) I love making it. It is so fun to make a cake or really anything from scratch. It takes longer but oh is it good. I finished it today. The frosting, the coffee syrup that goes in between and on top and then the decoration which is really taking the left over cake that you cut off the top of each cake to make it flat you crunch it all up and put it on the sides and on the top of the cake. Well crunch is the wrong word but I think that you get the point. I love making it. The reason of making this delicious cake is for this weekend. Tomorrow night we are traveling up north to have dinner and dessert and spend the night at a friends house. I'm excited their house is immaculate. Such detail in everything. They are apart of Bill and my car club that we belong to and the he is president of. They have a gorgeous house. Their kitchen is my favorite room of the entire house. We are meeting them and our other friends there. I think that on the way up there we are going to stop by mama Griffith's house and visit for awhile. We come home on Sunday afternoon sometime.

Tangent,

Bill is starting to be upset that I am scheduling so many things on weekends when he has so much to do around the house. All I can say is that pretty soon I'm going to want a weekend to relax since almost every weekend is filled up. So I think that he is right. I just think that it is so much fun to go places and do things with friends. Especially go places. I think that I have a heart for the road. I could go anywhere and I would be so excited even a lousy trip up north 30 miles. I love going places. I think that it came from my parents. We were always going on vacations, new cities, new areas that I have never been. I think as a child I hated going on road trips only because of sitting in the car but now that I am older I can appreciate all the things that I have been able to experience and do. I can only thank them for all the trips that we took when I was younger.

Talking about trips Bill and I have two vehicles that we do most all of our driving in, his truck and my car. Bill was adding up all the miles that we put on this year to both the truck and my car. It was ASTRONOMICAL! 70,000 miles in this past year alone! Crazy, huh. It was even worse I'm sure a couple of years ago when we went to Louisiana. Anyway, I think that you can tell that we really like to drive. I would hate to think about how much we spent on gas or propane this last year. Of course that 70,000 miles also includes going to work and back. Anyway, I'm babbling now.

3 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

AAAhhhh dont eat the cake, and dont bring any to me!! I will eat it all.

Emily said...

The cake sounds good! I love road trips too, though it does change some with kiddos, maybe when they get older we'll take longer trips.

The Cloth Addict said...

Can you just bring the cake to me? I'm sure I'll have no problem finishing it off for you. Have fun on your trip!