Thursday, January 8, 2009

Flooding Update

Well they said that the flooding was supposed to occur today at 10am. I have gotten up several times tonight to look out the back window from our bedroom noticing that it hasn't changed all night long. There is a little more water in the back but not enough to get the day off from work. Urg. I was hoping. They said that the river is supposed to crest at 10am at 21 feet. The flood stage is at 14 feet. But that 21 feet isn't close to our house at all. When the house flooded in 1996 the flood level was at 27 feet (I found all this out a couple of days ago when they were saying flood, which is nice) and that put 3 feet of water in our house at that time. So when they said the flood stage was at 26.5 feet yesterday I was noting a waive of panic. Then it was dropped done to 23 feet which would be the edge of our house and then this morning it is 21 feet which means that it will be at the edge of the slough maybe a little higher. Yeah. I am so glad that the house isn't going to flood. It makes me all nervous and jittery. Although the good thing about it is that I think I'm going to go through everything and start throwing all the crap away that we have acquired over the years. I usually am not a pack rat but I will say that I save things up for awhile and then after a few months I go through things and throw stuff away after I see how cluttered everything is. It's like purging your life of things that were once valued but not anymore. Times change, you change, everything is always changing.

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

wow, Im glad it didnt make it to your house! I was worried....if we can make it home were still on for friday

Emily said...

I've heard all the rumors and I'm glad they aren't true. We've been praying the river would stay it's bounds.
But just in case Erik told Bill he'd be ready to help move stuff out of your house if needed.