Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flooding

So today has been a day of ups and downs. It has been nerve wracking hearing the weather reports that we are going to flood. The river earlier today was supposed to crest tomorrow at almost 27 feet but slowly it has gone down to 23 feet which puts it at the edge of our door step. It's nerve wracking always all day do you think it will flood, should I go home and pack up the house, do we wait? Those are some of the questions that I asked through out the day. Of course there's my husband that is the reassuring calm one of the family saying no we will wait it out and look at it later in the night. It's so nice that he is here. If I were by myself I think that I would have already packed up the house.

Now the thing with me is that I don't want it to flood in my house but I love the anticipation of the flood. I put markers in the backyard to see the progress of the flood. I know I'm crazy. I also wouldn't mind if it flooded the slightest bit in my house that way I could get some new flooring. Just a little skim of water on the surface of the rug to ruin it. I know, I know, I'm crazy. One day though I'm going to get that new flooring. However I'm going to want to raise up my house when that day comes so that my new flooring won't be ruined. Anyway, for those people that are out of the flood area. Be grateful. It is an instant headache when you are in the flood area.

No comments: