Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Challenge

So at my parents house this last week for Christmas. I have noticed that I'm getting even bigger. Started out walking down my parents hallway which has a mirror at the end of it. When I was younger and skinnier I used to walk up and down the hallway like it was a cat walk. When I saw my reflection yikes, the whole body view it was disturbing. Next my husband and I went to Sears to spend some Christmas money and I decided that I was going to buy clothes. I have no t-shirts and I was going to buy some Jeans. Well the t-shirts were fine but the pants size, I don't want to go to the next size at all. I refused to buy the next size up. So in my desperate attempt to lose weight and look great when I go to Utah Mama Griffith and I are going to count calories, workout and post our weight here on our blogs.

I know that I have a reason for being overweight, well real but the most that is there is that I have hypothyroidism. It makes you gain weight, lose your memory, it controls your metabolism needless to say. I used to walk with Mama Griffith everyday but she moved away about a year and a half ago almost two years now and it's been grueling ever since to try to remain active.

I have thought of other ways to help my lose the weight. I thought about putting a picture of me in just my underwear and put it onto my fridge but I don't think so. I wouldn't want anyone to say that and I probably would forget to take it down if someone came over. That would be more embarrassing then anything. So I decided to go for this route. Something on screen that could never go away because I won't delete it. And I will have to log on and put the weight on the screen once a week.

So for my new years resolution I want to be between 145 to 165. Closer to the 145. So here it goes mortifying me forever. I am 223 right now.

I often wonder what happened why me but I know the reasons. My mom was gone when I was in elementary school. She would come back from OSU every weekend but it wasn't the same. I think that it started there. When she came back we knocked heads all the time. Even when I moved away. Through high school and even during my wedding when we were fixing my dress, hemming it up and all that, she has made comments of me being fat. I think that that hurts the most. Even my brother a couple years ago made a gesture that I was fat. I think that all of it has to play a part in over eating and not losing weight but gaining it. Well there's my sad little tale. Jillian would be proud from "The Biggest Loser". I told my story in the short version.

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

hooray! we can do it!!!!! we will look great in 9 months! im determined.

Emily said...

Best of luck! You can do it!