Monday, December 29, 2008

Vacations

You know a savings account money supposed to go in but not out. That's the ideal way you use your savings account. Yeah I don't I'm awful. I tell my husband yeah we have enough money for that knowing full well that I will have to transfer money over to cover part of what we just bought. Thinking about vacations and all the things that we need to do to the house it's almost mind boggling of how we are going to do it. Yikes.

However, Bill and I have to start really start saving all of our pennies so that we are able to pay our bills , ie. taxes and home owners insurance, and be able to go on our 2 year planned vacation that we have been talking about for so long. It's really bad I keep thinking of bad things that are going to happen so that we won't be able to go on the vacation, awful isn't it.

Anyway, all the things are coming down to this. 9 months to go and we will be in Utah bathing in the sun. Yipee. I'm so excited that I can't handle it. I haven't gone on a trip, a slight road trip that is in about 3 years now. The last one that we went on was to Louisiana to see his sister get married. We've gone on so many short trips to friends houses that live in Washington or in the Valley but those really don't count as vacations and I mean true vacations. Packing bags going out on the open road. True vacations going through towns that you can't believe there are people living there and wondering what they do for a living.

In "Yes Man" there's a part where the two actors go to an airport, go up to the counter and ask for the first flight out of the airport. That sound like so much fun that I think that Bill and I will have to do it sometime in the near future. In the movie they go to Lincoln, Nebraska so you know that when Bill and I do it, it will probably be to Bismarck, South Dakota or something like that but it will be so much fun.

Anyway, 9 months can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

save save save! greg and I are in the same position, but I tell myself that we pay medical bills off bit by bit. Its just I need to send you a bill for the vacation then we could budgett it in instead of justifying spending the cash on the things that NEED to be payed off. keep blogging sista'