Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Gross Part of Life

Well...I know I don't blog much let alone very many people reading this but I haven't had very much to really write.  I have gone back and forth about writing about this or not but I've finally succumbed to temptation.

I have since last Monday been in pain.  My body in a certain area started to swell and hurt quite bad.  Now I hate going to doctors because all I can think about is the cost of that darn bill that comes a couple of months after the fact.  So I waited until the pain got so bad that I ended up in the emergency room on Thursday at 1:30am without Bill (He was on a trip with a friend.)  I have never been to the emergency room by myself and it is a little nerve wracking and slightly lonely but I survived.  Anyway, little did I know that I had a pilonidal cyst.  The doctor had to cut it open and clean it out.  It felt better afterwards but I was and still am in pain.  I am slowly getting better and have an appointment on Thursday with a surgeon to see if I have to actually have surgery on it.  (Lets hope not - again all I see are more bills and this one would be huge.)  I have to go in every third day and get it repacked and bandaged up not a fun process but hopefully soon it will be over and I will be healed again. 

The sad thing about all this happening is that I have been so good at walking the last three weeks but because of this I haven't been able to get out on the streets and walk around.  Ah....it always happens to me.  Oh well, as soon as I'm done getting better the walking will start again.  I'm pretty determined about it.

Well that has been my life for the past week.  Excitingly gross isn't it.

2 comments:

mama'g' said...

That's SO horrible! I'm so sorry for you. I know what you mean about bills piling up...but your health is worth it. I hope you don't have to have surgery. :(

Emily said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Praying you heal quickly!