Sunday, May 11, 2014

Gardening

This spring/summer I am finally doing it.  I'm starting a garden.  Now your views of gardens and mine are probably complete opposites.  Most gardeners actually have gardening beds in their backyards caked full of many vegetables and/or fruits (aka...my moms).  My idea of gardening is using pots and planting only a few things.  This year I'm trying butternut squash, zucchini, and green onions.  We will see exactly how this goes.  I also bought a couple of packages of sunflowers.  I'm super excited about all of this because I have been talking about it for the last few years.

I'm one of those girls who hates working outdoors.  I blame it on the fact that I'm lazy and I just don't like plants very much.  I love the beauty that you can achieve from gardening but I hate the act.  I just don't find much pleasure in it.  I also blame my younger years.  When I was 11 my family moved to an acre lot that was completely overgrown so started the 2 year demolition phase of my life.  It was torture and awful. 

I am definitely the variety of girls that loves to clean the house.  I love to do anything in the house.  I would rather clean the toilets and dust the window sills then work outdoors but this year I'm excited to finally start something easy maintenance hence the gardening in pots.

It will also be nice to actually have a yard that looks good with lots of flowers and the beautifulness (yes i know it's not an actual word) that comes with it .  We both have put other needs before the needs of our yard. 

But, this year 2014 with Bill's help we will be cleaning up our yard with the hopes of it looking great by the time August comes around.  So here it goes.  The first experiences by myself of gardening.  I will take pictures of the progress. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

It's too bad we can't work out some kind of trade :) I hate indoor work and would rather be outside doing outside work. Can't wait to see what you grow!