Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Trips

WOW!!  This summer has gone by incredibly fast.  The one thing for sure is that for awhile we were taking a trip every two weeks.  Starting in June it was a trip to Silver Falls State Park (a must if you haven't been), then a trip to Ashland (where it snowed every morning), next a trip to the Bend area/Crater Lake, and lastly a quick fast trip to Idaho.  Every part of the summer and there trips were amazing andso much fun. 

SILVER FALLS



There are I think 10 waterfalls in the state park.  Some you get to walk behind so you just walk by either way you see them they are fabulous and breathtaking.  If you haven't gone you absolutely must go.  Be prepared to walk though.  There are many many trails and the hike to see them all is about 8 miles.  Bill and I got to see 4 falls out of the 10.  We can't wait to go back and see them all.

ASHLAND


 
We went there for Bill and Greg to race in a Hillclimb.  It was beautiful there but who knew in the middle of June that there would still be snow.  I would have had more pictures but my camera died and I didn't have my other battery.  It was absolutely cold.  It snowed every morning and we had a fire going literally all day long.

BEND






The top picture is going to be where my next house is.  It is absolutely beautiful.  We went to Bend with some friends of ours and had a fun time.  We hung out around Bend and then Bill and I went to Crater Lake for the morning.  Bill got to go fishing almost every day which he loves to do it now and boy I do love my fish!!!

IDAHO



Idaho.  We left at 5:15pm on Friday and got back into town on Sunday at 7pm.  We got to Idaho on Saturday morning around 2:00am.  We spent the day at the river while it was in the high 90s and then spent the night watching a movie and playing games.  The reason we went was to see one of Melissa's friends.  It was a mini girls trip!!  So much fun!!  However working for 8 hours and then driving for 8 hours is definitely not my ideal of a start of a trip. However it was definitely worth the time.


Our next trip is in October.  We are going to California.  However Bills next trip is next weekend, going to Beaver and then the next one for him is Labor Day Weekend he is going to Idaho.  I slightly wish that I was going with him but he is going to be racing all weekend and it won't be exactly fun for me.  I hope everyone is having an awesome summer!!!

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

glad you had a fun summer....I am so sad its almost over!