Monday, October 10, 2011

Petrouchka / Carmen

Petrouchka -
The first ballet.  It is from a classic ballet from back in the day.  It began very dark.  A puppet and his puppet master.  The puppet throughout the ballet get's a conciousness and breaks free from his puppet master.  He then free's other puppets from themselves and the puppet master.  The entire play was very dark from the lighting to the costumes.  Unfortunately, Sadly, I was trying not to fall asleep with the wonderful music lulling me there as well as having everything so dark.  So sad but I'm so glad that I made it through without to many troubles. Just lots of yawning.

Carmen -
The next half after the intermission was Carmen.  Another classic.  This one was extremely upbeat.  The music, some of my favorite pieces.  I'm sorry I can't name them because I know nothing about music but I can say I'm sure most people have heard the pieces of music.  This was a great one.  Carmen, the main character falls for a man that has a finacee.  When she gets into a fight she gets put into his care.  He falls and runs away with her, leaving his finacee behind.  Where they stop Carmen falls for another man leaving the first.  The first man is completely jealous and eventually kills Carmen.

They were both fantastic, the second better then the first.  I'm so happy that I bought season tickets and can't wait until the next one in December.

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

woot! I am glad you got season tickets too. Did you dress up? Go out to eat? tell me more!