Thursday, October 6, 2011

Feeling A Little Like Mrs. Claus



So my story begins with a free box of apples.  A woman came into my work and asked if we wanted apples.  I said sure thinking only really about 5 to 10 apples.  Little did I know that she meant 40 - 50 apples.  What to do?  What to do?  Apple pies were the answer.  I started with one for just Bill and I (to try them out) and then today I started my endless amount of baking.  I was able to make 12 pies with still 2 or 3 pies that I think I can still make.  Now to the real story.  I think that I found my gift.  The gift that God gave me.  I think that my gift is to make people smile and happy by baking or crocheting gifts for people.  I love the joy that it gives me to see someone smile and I really believe that even if they had a bad day for whatever reason I made it a little bit better.  The reason I say that I feel like Mrs. Claus is that Bill and I delivered 5 pies tonight going among our friends and delivering them with the words "Happy Fall Greetings".  Mama Griffith, I wish that you were still down here and then I could have delievered a pie.  Emily and Beci, I wasn't sure if you guys could have one.  I only gave away a few so if you would like one let me know and I will swing by and deliver. 

4 comments:

Emily said...

We love apple pie!
I'm so happy that you've found something you love to do, it's a great feeling to do what you love especially when you can bless someone else.

City Girl Stuck on the Coast said...

I will drop one off today. :) I figured you liked them but I wasn't sure if they had to be made specially.

Emily said...

Thank you for the pie! Sorry I missed you. It was yummy!

Mama Griffith, said...

wow fun!! What a great idea! How did I miss these posts? I was scrolling down my blog reel and realised that you had been posting more thank usual. Your pies look fantastic by the way. I think you do have a gift for sure. ;)