Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coffee

Coffee drinking is like a tsunami!!!

Interesting coffee information.
  • 2 billion cups a day. 
  • Vietnam has the second highest volume of exporting coffee beans behind Brazil. 
  • Coffee is hand picked. 
  • American coffee drinkers drink an average of 3.5 cups of coffee per day.
  • 400,000,000 cups consumed per day in America alone.
  • Coffee has antioxidants so it is good for you in moderation.
  • 7%  annual growth rate.
  • 1 in 5 cups of coffee is decaf.
  • Ethiopia started eating the fruit and then in the 9th century someone mixed it with water.
  • Middle east drank it first then spread through the world.
  • Who knew that there was a barista competion held in the US every year.
Bill and I tonight watched how it works on coffee as I'm sure you can tell by all the little coffee facts up above.  Most of them I had no idea.  I figured some of the numbers were huge but didn't realize that much was consumed everyday.  I have realized while watching this show is that I am not a true coffee drinker.  I like coffee a lot however I can't drink it plain I have to doctor it up.  I'm not to concerned with coffee itself. I'm not hard core like some people apparently.  However, I can tell if it doesn't taste good.  Still though I LOVE MY COFFEE EVERY MORNING even doctored up.

No comments: