Monday, September 19, 2011

The Wedding Ceremony




There were many different things that happened that I have never seen before in a wedding ceremony.  It was beautiful of course like every other wedding.  It started out normal enough then it was mentioned that Rebecca had signed a covenant with her parents that she would be abstinent and she gave her parents back the promise ring that they had given her.  Second, they had written there vows but still repeated them after the pastor read them.  Derek's vows were very long but all very nice and wonderful however the only part that I really remember is that we vowed that he would be her knight forever.  Now that might not mean much to other people but if you know him it makes all the sense in the world.  He belongs to a re-enactment battle group so it was a wonderful statement that was made as well as funny.  Lastly, they did a sand ceremony but this one was different then I have seen before.  Each immediate family member came up and poured sand into a jar with Rebecca and Derek last.  Each side of the family had a different color; blue, tan, and green and then Rebecca and Derek had black and white sand.  It was a wonderful ceremony and so mnay things that I have never seen before but that were all wonderful.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thank you so much for the pictures! I was bummed that I didn't get to go but I'm so glad that you did! Rebecca made a beautiful bride (I knew she would) and I am so happy for her!