Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Home

Bill and I moved into our home 6 and a half years ago.  However for Bill it's more like 7 years ago.  It was built in the 70's by his uncle and cousins.  It has never been lived in besides family.  When Bill's step grandpa died the house became Bill's parents and then became ours (buying it from them).  It was majoring in needing of updating pure 70's joy was the house.  The wall's were white, the floor was blue, the linoleum is brown and cream, there was yellow glass on the door, and all the counter tops are yellow or white with yellow and gold flecks.  Yes pure 70's.  Before we moved in though the carpets were changed from blue to a creamish flecked blue, red color.  Not the best but a whole lot better.  The past 3 years we have been making changes slowly.  I painted the house in blues, tans, reds, greens, white, and black.  We have changed the water heater, the washer and dryer, and other small odds and ends.  The beginning of the year we started the bigger process of our home remodel.  Slowly making our purchases like a new fireplace, dishwasher, and tile.  Then two weeks ago we started making our bigger purchases like the siding for the house, fence posts, cedar fencing, front door, I would say new windows but my parents were kind enough to pay for the windows for us.  However, this week has been a crazy whirlwind of things happening.  We got the new windows in, the front door in, the front siding done, and almost all of the fence complete.  Amazing isn't it.  We had my parents, a couple of friends of my parents, and us doing all the changes.  The 6 of us worked as a great team working together with ease and great ability (I'm not really included.  I just did as I was told.)  The house looks 100% better then it used to, not as 70ish.  I hope that you enjoy some of the pictures I have taken over the past weekend.













No comments: