Thursday, May 19, 2011

Life Changing Event

Yesterday I had a life changing event take place. Sure I have decided recently that I have wanted to change but I didn't know how. The meeting that I went to yesterday taught me how to change. It was unexpected that it was going to happen but that is how things happen usually. Unexpectedly. The meeting taught us that we continously talk down to ourselves (Not everyone but a lot of people), which I knew but that we can change that habit and eventually it changes our subconscious mind and then our creative subconscious. It was mentally challenging and great all at the same time. Part of it was writing down our goals any goals that we have. If it came to our mind we had to write it down no matter what it was because we can do anythingwe set our minds too. So I of course wrote down a ton of goals because I have a lot of things that I want to do.

My top 5 goals right now are Children, Play Ukelele, Travel, Be a size 8, and lastly take a photography class. Then each day I'm supposed to write down a to do list to help take one step to get me to complete my goals.

Today my first on my to do list was make a phone call to DHS. For those who know me calling people and having to talk to them is something completely out of my comfort zone. Also actually taking charge of anything I completely shy away from it. At lunch I made the phone call. I didn't feel nervous. I actually got the person that I wanted to talk to right away (She was there). I told her my situation. She told me that they have a woman for the job of adoption person but she didn't know when she was going to take the position. But that we could start out as fostering with the intention to adopt. I told her that that was fine. She asked me that I could drop in or we could set up an appointment to come meet with her and drop off the application. Yay!!! I told her an appointment because it always seems that no one is ever there that we need to talk to. She also said that we needed to take a 30 hour class for fostering. I told her that we had done it already and she said that we needed to come see her immediately!!!!! So our appointment is set for the 31st of May!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life changing events!!!

1 comment:

The Cloth Addict said...

Oh wow! I am so excited for you, Nyssa. I will be praying!!