Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Good News

So for everyone that read my previous blog. I called DHS and we had an appointment for today at 9:00. We met with Pat and she didn't realize (I think forgot) that we had the application, as well as having been through the class for foster parenting. Yay for us. We turned the application in, got fingerprinted, got sent home for a few more papers to fill out, and we should have our homestudy done sometime in July. She also asked how many children we wanted (2) sibling set hopefully and the ages we would take (0-5). She also put us on the list for emergency placement. So in that case emergency placement would be if they couldn't find family or they just need to get children out the home fast.

They are changing the way of doing things and are focusing on get the children back to family instead of adopting them out so considering we are going to be fostering to adopt we will definitely need more prayer to keep our strength up if we have to give the children back. I am going into this entire process knowing that we might have to give them up but that I'm hoping that we have made a difference in there life and touched them in a positive way.

I had such anxiousness and nervousness about today. I didn't know how it was going to go or if we would receive good news or bad news. I have been anticipating today for a very long time, wondering what it would be like, how it would go, and if we would do ok. We still of course have a ways to go and some more steps to go through but we have the process started and I am stoked about it finally being here. We need to think of things that we need to get as well as what we are going to do once we have children in our midst. The hard thing is though I don't know wahve age to plan for. I think once it comes we will be buying whatever we need to it will be an expensive day. I'm also trying to decide if I should keep working at the bank or if I should find something part time so that I can be with the children and then only have to have them watched 2 days of the week. So many decisions and so much for Bill and I to think about. Please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

sounds like you are getting everything wrapped up! I am excited to see what God brings to your home, weather its one two or three kiddos who need lots of love. Im praying for you!

The Cloth Addict said...

I have been so excited to see God working in this situation! Will be continuing to pray.