Friday, May 6, 2011

Dinners

So this is the first month ever that I have actually sat down and made out a schedule of recipes for dinner every day for the month of May. I went through all my cookbooks, I have some great ones. I have "The Silver Spoon", "The Kitchen Bible", "Better Homes and Gardens", "Miserly Meals", "Fix It and Forget It", "Chicken", "Farmhouse Cookbook". They are all wonderful. My favorite though right now is "The Silver Spoon" and "The Kitchen Bible".

So far this month I have made Potato and Parmesan Cakes, Enchilito, Pork Roast with Orange, Macaroni and Cheese (a new recipe it has me cooking it in the oven), Bacon and Potato Pie, and Honey Mustard Chicken.

* = Star

Potato and Parmesan Cakes - **** The only thing that would make this better is bacon. It was excellent though.

Enchilito - *** It was good as well. Very interesting it is a cross between a burrito and enchilada.

Pork Roast with Orange - ***** Phenomenal. This is the best recipe that I have tried so far.

Macaroni and Cheese - **** Very Good. It was different. I have never baked macaroni and cheese before and it turned out good. I really liked the crust

Bacon and Potato Pie - **** It just sounded interesting from the beginning. It's Potato, Bacon
and Egg. You bake it in the oven and it turns out like a
quiche with a twist.

Honey Mustard Chicken - *** This would be better if I used a smaller pan so that the chicken
could soak in the juices and soak in more of the flavor.

So far those are the only ones that I have done but they have turned out very good. I am very happy with Bill that he is trying every single recipe so far and is eating them. He hasn't liked 2 of them but that's ok he at least tried them. I will try my hardest to take pictures of the meals that I'm making and post them. If anyone wants any of the recipes that I have on here let me know.