Monday, January 3, 2011

Remember When

Do you remember growing up with your family seeing cousins that you haven't seen in months or even years? Probably most everyone has. I had that moment on Christmas day when my cousin that I haven't seen in a year, who by the way is 15, is now taller then me.

Growing up my brother was always taller then me by only a inch at times until he got his growth spurt while away in the Air Force. My cousin Zach who is about 5 months younger then me was always shorter until again he hit a growth spurt sometime after high school I think and grew an inch or two taller. Then my youngest, fondest cousin has always been the baby. He was born on February 21 when I was 9 almost 10. I was able to hold him and play with him. When he hit the time when he was 2 years old I would hold him and he would ask incessantly what things where. "What's that?" "An apple tree" a moment later "what's that?" "grass" a moment later "Question" "Answer" so on and so on. I love him and I loved the questions. We have always had a special bond. From the moment he was able to talk he called me My (My Name here). We always hung out and had our own fun together.

When he walked in on Christmas Day I had to actually look up at him. Mind you he is 15 right now and last year when I saw him he was still shorter then me by at least a few inches. He grew over a foot almost foot and a half!! It's insane to me that I have to look up at him and now I'm the shortest cousin out of them all. How depressing is that!! It's nice to know though that we still have a lot to talk about and that we still have that bond. I only wish that I saw him more often. *Sigh*

No comments: