Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

Christmas is such a wonderful holiday probably the best holiday that you can have. One for being a child you get to open many presents that you may have been hoping for and the excitement and rush that you get while doing it. Two for an adult seeing others happy and excited for the presents that you got them.

My husband and I have 6 children now that we buy for. 3 adorable children my adopted niece and nephews that I just love to death. Each one got a gigantic Hershey Kiss from Fred Meyer. There expressions were priceless and the hardest one to please was actually more excited I think then I have ever seen him before. They also got for the boys a moster truck and for the girl a very beautiful summer dress.

The other 3 children my real niece and nephews, 2 of which are at the ages that they are beginning to notice and love opening presents and excited about what the get. There is Austin the newborn, Elle is 2 going on 3 in just a few months, and Henry Lee who is 4. Elle and Henry are just cute and amazing to watch when they are excited. They were so enamored by all the present and getting to open them.

For Elle she got from us I believe her first tea set. It came with 6 plates, 4 knifes, 4 spoons, 4 forks, 4 cups, a sugar dish, a cream dish, and of course the teapot. Why there are more plates the exact same size I have no idea. I guess it could hold the treats but you would think they would be differen tmaybe a little bigger, but I guess that is my adulthood talking. She was so excited she needed to open it immediately and start playing with it. The other gift was all the princesses books. She was also excited for those and needed them to be opened so she can play with them and look at them. She was adorable.

Henry Lee helped out Grandpa, or Papa as they call him with taking the presents to the people they belonged to. We got him a package that had 4 motorcycles. He liked them but I think he liked giving out the presents more then that. Which was sweet to watch. At the end once we were done he opened the box that had the motorcycles and played with them with his papa (Grandpa) by the fire. It was really fun to see. Especially since Big Henry actually has 2 motorcycles of his own and Julie has 1. The night was amazing to have and it was spectacular to see the excitement on their little faces.

I'm growing up more as you would have to expect and I'm beginning to think that I'm done with getting Christmas presents. I'm not saying that I don't like them but I love seeing the faces of others when they open there presents and the glow they have after them. Children deserve to have all the happiness in the world and Christmas is the best day to start. However it should be something that is continued throughout the year. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments: