Monday, December 20, 2010

Been too long.....

A lot has happened since my last post at Halloween.

My camera broke *sigh* no more pictures for now.

Thanksgiving happened!! Wow. It's been to long. Bill and I went out to Portland to see my family which was truly nice to be out there and such a relief to not have to smoke so many turkeys. I got to see my parents, brother, Aunt and sort of Uncle (he is but I just can't seem to call him that yet), and my grandparents. It was great to see all of them even though it was cut short because we both had to work the next day.

A week after Thanksgiving Bill and I were with his co-worker and his wife in their vehicle going up over the pass of the famous highway 26 when suddenly it happened. We were struck by a car and driver that thought I'm sure that he knew how to race and thought he should be on Fast and the Furious. It totaled both cars, ours and his. Bill and I are pretty good for the most part. I have shoulder pain and Bill's back hurts him quite a bit. However we are recovering and we are alive which is always a good thing. The quite ironic thing was that my dad was in New Orleans and my mom was in Hawaii. Odd how it worked out that way. I guess I slightly know what it's like to not live anywhere close to family and something crazy happens. I do think that it is nice that all my family lives in the Portland area. It's nice to know that they are somewhat close by.

Now it's about 5 days till Christmas!! Yay!! I'm excited for it. Bill and I are going out to see my family on Friday after we celebrate Christmas with Bill's parents, sister, brother-in-law, and nieces and nephews. This year will be the last year that we celebrate with presents. We got the idea from my mom who e-mailed me and said not to buy her anything. So we spread the news to everyone and decided that we were only going to buy for the children in the family. Yay!! All the stress that comes from the holidays will be over after this year!! It will all be worth it. Well that's pretty much everything that has happened since Halloween.

No comments: