Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Life Now

You ever think back on your life and remembering the speeches that you had to give. That was me today. I had flash backs while I was at work today. I had to go to a very granola-ie school and talk to the kids about learning how to save. It brought back to many iffy memories from high school. Since I had to stand in front of people(the kids) and talk flashes of how I used to give speeches flew to my memory and the girl that I used to be came to mind. Dorky hair (most likely up), t-shirt (probably had something to do with basketball), jeans, no make-up what so ever, stomach doing summer-salts, legging shaking back and forth, and hands shaking constantly trying to avoid the eyes of everyone in class. Aahhhh!! It's not an appealing thought. However, this time it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

1. Much better style in hair. However it was still up but I had it styled and had a head band.
2. Wore a long sleeve green shirt and vest that was super cute.
3. Well I can't wear jeans to work so it was a nice pair of gray slacks.
4. Make-up!!! Green, Tan, and Gray eyeshadow with black eyeliner and mascara.
5. Stomach still doing summer-salts but not quite as bad.
6. There was no leg shaking and no hands shaking.

All in all a step up from 7 years ago. Time has changed and I want to say changed to the better. At least my fashion sense. The class was actually pretty good. The kids were great and together and fun for the exercise that we completed.

Since the school is here where I live is very, very much around hippies and built for hippies children it was a different experience all together. As I was talking about a the money tree we were going to create. I was asking the class how to keep a tree healthy. Of course the obvious answers came up, water, soil, light. Then once they finished their answers I gave one of my own from the workbook that I had. "You can also spray the tree to keep it nice." As those words exited my mouth it was a mental head smack to myself!!! Instantly they all chimed in saying that it was bad to spray trees. Not healthy. Immediately I countered saying, "Yes it is bad but some people do it." Hahaha. That would probably be me being the one doing the spraying so therefore I lied in front of everyone that it was bad. Mental head smack again!! Yikes!! It's probably good that I was only there for an hour and I will probably never go back. I would be such a hypocrite. What a day!! Hahaha, at least it gave me a good laugh!!

3 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

haha, at least you didnt say to feed it artifical plant food and then watch it grow while eating a twinkie. ;)

City Girl Stuck on the Coast said...

Hahahaha. That's hilarious. It is good that I didn't do that!!!

The Cloth Addict said...

LOL i love it. And the beginning of your blog sure brings back memories of me giving speeches in school as well...yikes!