Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Working out

So I have been working out steadily for about 5 months now. Yahoo. It's been really nice to have my once was walking partner who is now my jogging partner back in town for the last 5 months. It has been extremely nice. We do Pilates in the morning for about 20 minutes and jog at night for 2.5-3.5 miles every other day and walk the other 2 days with weights.

I work with an amazingly athletic girl who was my inspiration to start jogging. She can jog 21 miles at one time. Crazy I know. So I decided that I would start jogging and talked it over with my walking partner. So off we went. Sadly I could barely make it to the stop sign down the road and I had to walk the rest of the way around the loop. Slowly but surely we made it 1 mile before Rj went away on vacation for 2 weeks. There it was our first hurdle. So I asked Renee (the girl I work with) to jog with me. Boy that was craziness. We did 2 miles that first day!!!! She had to actually stand behind me and push me up the final hill that lasted forever. It was the most killer jog I had been on. The next day that I was with her we did a different route but still 2 miles. Slowly but surely these past 5 months we've gotten to the point of being able to jog 4 miles consistently if we wanted to. We have decided lately that we needed something different within our workout so we decided everyTuesday and Thursday we were going to walk with weights. We started with 2.5 lbs and have moved it up to 5 and 10 lb weights. Which still don't make my arms hurt but thats ok. We will still burn more calories.

We went on vacation this last week and we unfortunately didn't work out the entire time that we were in Utah/Nevada. A little disappointing but nice. However it was amazing to come back and start up everything again. Yesterday we did pilates and it hurt!!! The jog that we did was 2.5 miles and it was painful as well but the last .1 miles we sprinted until the end of her road. So that is the latest thing that we are going to be doing. We are going to sprint .1miles and slowly push it out so that we can sprint the whole 2.5 miles (hehe). I think that it will take at least another 5 months or more to get to that point but at least it's another goal to push towards.

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

good goal, Im with you on that one,..and Its amazing to have a work out buddy around to talk to and give me 30 minutes of no kid time a day. Im so thankfull for you!!!