Monday, May 4, 2009

Books

I think that the best creations are the ones that you yourself personally think up. However some profound writers take you to a place that you continuously think about and wish that you were there among the characters taking in the action yourself. Some people have that special gift to write a book that envelopes you into a cocoon and you don't get out until the book is done. I'm often left wondering about the characters. Do they continue to have the happy ending or does something else happen. Did they get married? Did they have any children? Did some other plot take place to make the hero into an even greater hero? Movies have the same affect on me but of course they don't last as long because you can finish a movie in a couple of hours where as depending on how thick the book is it takes a couple of days for me to finish it. Books also give you the chance to put your own pictures inside of it. Detailing all of the characters, there personality traits, where they live, the landscape, the time. It just really makes me want to write a book. It inspires me. One day hopefully I will put pen to paper or fingers to keys and write a book out that will be able to hook someone in and trap them inside a cocoon until they have finished reading it.

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

so does this mean the mysterious bennedict society was a good book?? I wounder the same things, and I think its the result of a great book