Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Taxes

So this weekend I will hopefully be doing my taxes. You know the sad thing is I actually really look forward to this part every year to see if I get money or if I have to pay which we end up doing both. We need to change Rubber Ducky's W-4 form to claim only 1 instead of 3. He had help on it when he got hired 5 year ago and the lady that helped him told him to always claim 3. Needless to say for the past 3 years we have had to pay for federal. Luckily we get money back from State so it evens itself out.

This year I think that we will get about the same amount as last year hopefully and with the money that we get back, which is usually about 500 dollars, we are going to pay off Rubber Ducky's parents. Our washer died last year in July and they loaned us the money to buy a new washer and dryer therefore we have been paying them off since July. We don't have very much left so it will be exciting to have at least one bill paid and done for!! Next one to go is our Bank of America credit card. I'm excited to see them disappear one by one. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing things. We are hoping to refinance this next year in June or July so hopefully our payments go down and then we are going to incorporate our credit cards into it so the only debts that we have left is the car and the house! It will be an exciting day to see that!!

Anyway that's my plan. I am hoping that it works out.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love seeing bills disappear! I've been trying to convince Erik that we need to refinance and put all our debt in one place (and then any extra money we can put directly towards our principal and it won't go to paying interest). Good luck with your taxes! I decided I didn't want the headache and we take ours to Diane Gibson in Manzanita.

The Cloth Addict said...

It is so exciting to watch bills - especially credit cards - slowly go away. Very excited for you. Have fun doing your taxes...