Friday, February 27, 2009

Reaction Speed

Know I have always wished that I could come up with cool sayings or with good come backs to every situation or even to just have my mind work perfectly and come up with odd stories and just craziness. I have a few friends that can do it all the time. It's amazing to listen when they talk and see what they are going to come up with next. I can occasionally do it. Where my mind and mouth are in sink. However what I'm good at is my sarcasticness. I can usually do that without a beat. John our new associate pastor of the church was over at Pastors house and he was in the kitchen about to get something to drink when he asked the Pastors wife if the last cup had been used yet. Without hesitating I jumped in and yes I licked it. He looked at me strange and was slightly horrified asking "really?" Granted that was our first meeting of him so I doesn't know me at all so he could have thought I was being completely serious. It was funny. Finally we told him that no it was clean and that he could use the cup. There are a few other times in my life where my mind and mouth work perfectly. Someday I hope that I get my imagination working again to where I can come up with really cool sayings or really exciting and creative stories.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yeah, that was pretty funny...cause he did think you were serious for a sec. : )
I was impressed with your quickness there.