Sunday, November 11, 2012

New Goal


 10 miles so far, 355 miles to go!

Well I have a new goal.  Yes, I know goals.  I usually make them but don't really follow through because I get so bored of them or life happens.  This one though is to walk at least 1 mile every day.  So 7 miles in a week which is 365 miles a year.  It started when I was at work because a customer came in and wanted to faint in the building.  She said that her husband has a goal of walking 1000 miles this year and he is in the 900 mile range right now.  So I decided that I should start my own goal - 365 miles this year starting November 5th.  This is my first week and I have walked 10 miles so far.

Another bonus is that Bill and I are getting up at 4:30 in the morning and working out at the fire station.  I am also extremely happy that Bill is the one that came up with the idea.  I've been complaining about the fact that I need to work out and I would love for Bill to also work out with me but I just couldn't figure out when.  Bill and I are so busy at night that there was never a good time to work out.  So Bill turned to me one evening and said that he was lazy in the mornings and that we should get up early and go and work out.  We have had one successful week so far and I'm hoping that we will continue forever.  So because of the fact that we are going to work out every morning it will help me achieve my goal!!

No comments: