Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Resolution

So I know that this title to this piece is like so many others around this time of the year.  Everyone gets to start over.  Start fresh.  Start anew.  It's everyones start over for a new year including me.  So many things to choose from every year.  So many things that I want to do and unfortunately none ever actually get done.  However I decided this year I absolutely need to change and I'm going to change one day at a time.  I got a bracelet for Christmas from my parents that reads

"Dreams become reality one choice at a time". 

I have been thinking of the phrase since Christmas and have really been giving it great thought.  It is completely true though when you really think about dreams really can become reality by one choice one decision at a time.  That's what I'm going to start doing.  One choice, one decision at a time.  I'm not sure if everyone knows this about me but I have a list, a bucket list, a huge list.  It ranges from give flowers to someone to traveling the world and everything in between.  Because it's the new year I have given myself a few things to work towards.

1.  To get healthier and work out, really lose weight (of course)
2.  To pay off the credit card
3.  Get new flooring in the house
4.  Have a guest bedroom

I have been doing good so far with number 1 and have steps in place for the other 3.  I'm doing this for me not for anyone else.  I'm going to be selfish this year in a good way though don't worry.  Everything in one step at a time, one choice at a time to have my dreams realized.

2 comments:

aisha said...

Great, great post! It’s something I have never thought about, really, but it makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks for sharing
Mercedes Benz 300SD AC Compressor

Mama Griffith, said...

Go for it Nyssa!