Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ballet TV Special

The ballet that I went to on Sunday was so amazingly different then any that I have ever seen.  The entire ballet was wonderful.  There was a women on the side with a pianist, drummer, and a bass (I think), this woman sang the entire time.  She has an amazing lungs being able to sing for a little over an hour.  The ballet was different as I said before.  It was a TV Christmas special.  It is all the traditions and songs that come with the holidays.  Many, many songs while the dancers went in between Ballet, the waltz, and the Charleston.  Baby It's Cold Outside, Have Yourself a Merry Merry Christmas, 8 Days Till Christmas (funny song), and many, many more.  The costumes were completely different then usual they weren't extremely tight at all.  The men were wearing nice dress clothes (not tight) and the women were wearing very fun, beautiful dresses.  The entire thing was amazing and so fun as well as funny to watch. 
Please don't laugh at my drawing.  Haha...yes I drew it but I drew it on my computer with a shaky hand.  *Wink, Wink*

I have been loving this experience of having season tickets to the ballet.  I feel like my horizons are slightly broadening as the weeks go by.  I'm happy that next week I have another one next weekend.  It however is very much a completely traditional ballet.  It's the Nutcraker.  I love this ballet and it will be exciting to watch after so many years of not seeing it.

No comments: