Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ripping and Roaring

 It's not crazy amounts of destruction but the wind sure did some ripping through our yard.  The wind was ripping and roaring through our yard blowing everything around.  Our back porch is definitely getting clean because everything is more spread out and not really under the porch anymore.

 I missed the flood in the area this morning because I was at work.  The river rises and lowers with the tide which the peak of high tide was at 10 in the morning.  Town was flooded and our back was flooded but don't worry it wasn't even close to our house what so ever.  I figured this was a great time to explain the difference between this storm and the 2006 storm.  The picture above is in between low and high tide, the water is up but not to bad.  In 2006, you could not see the grass at all or the bank on the other side of the river.  It was one gigantic river.  It was phenomenal to watch and see.  The water was a half an inch from coming in the house where as this storm it was 4 or 5 feet to coming into the house.  Big difference right.  I love that my family freaks out for me because they have never experienced anything like it and of course I'm their daughter.  However, when I first moved down here I freaked out with every storm that blew through and the water getting closer and closer to the house.  After 2006, with the flood and 2007 with the massive wind storm I DO NOT FREAK OUT ANYMORE.  I love storms and I love seeing God's MASSIVE power and we don't even get to see all of it.

No comments: