Monday, September 26, 2011

Life Is Good




So it is amazing how much I have grown in the last year.  One year ago to the month I had received the worst news so far of my life.  We couldn't adopt children let alone have any ourselves.  It sent me into an even deeper depression then I was already in.  It took everything that I had to stay somewhat together.  Day after day I slowly but surely sifted my way through my life.  Poor Bill, I had been giving him my emotional scraps for at least 3 years.

I have been working on my life and my attitude for the last few months deciding that I needed to make the change for myself.  I kept thinking of things that I should do but not be able to take classes because either expense or timing.  Which bummed me out but I decided to slowly try to find other things to do.

Sadly I could find nothing that I really wanted to do.  Fortunately, for me I had a complete breakdown a month ago with Bill, thats when things really finally began to change.  Bill bought a couples devotional book that I absolutely love.  We created our nights, granted we have down them everyday like I said but it's in our minds.  I have started reading my bible every morning, I'm in Joshua, I read a chapter and then write about what I think or what happened.  I have been taking my medicine plus multivitamins everyday for a month and a half.  Bill and I have been having dinner every night together and actually pray before we eat. 

So many things have changed and they have all changed for the better.  I can actually smile now and actually mean it.  I love life! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words of encouragement are just what I needed today. Thank you for sharing from your heart! Nana

B said...

Beautiful.... I am so glad that you are finding joy again! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are an encouragement and a blessing. I love you smile and I'm so glad it's back for real!