Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Snowflakes.

Snowflakes. 
Snowflakes are individual flakes floating down from the sky.  It makes everything soft, quiet, peaceful.  Not like my life.  My life is not peaceful, not quiet, and soft well if you call my fat rolls soft then sure my life is at least that, soft.  My life has been slightly uneventful and with that I mean what I deem uneventful.  It has been a rocky ride for most of my life, like most everyone’s.  Life is life.  Ups and downs and side to side.  A lot of it my life has to do with not being on the right track.  Not being on the right track with God always straying from the right to the left never staying in the middle with God.  However, some people might think that my life is pretty eventful and maybe even together.  Sure I have done quite a bit in my life already.  Whenever the e-mail makes it rounds about what you have done in your life it makes me realize that I have done quite a bit.  Most all boxes are checked off.  Which satisfies me for a little while but only for a little while and then reality sets in again.
Soon, soon something will happen.  Before I know it I will be swept away into a world of complete wonder.  My name is Lily and soon, soon something will happen.
Slam, splat.  A bug hit my windshield snapping me out of my daydream.  I was in a yellow 1971 bug.  Yes a Volkswagen bug.  Not a pale yellow either.  The brightest yellow in the world.  It was supposed to make me happy and instead it just makes me think of a glow stick.  I bought the car a year ago and ever sense I have been nauseated by the sight of it.  I was on my way to my work sight.  I was a real estate agent and I was about to show my first house.  I was so close to the house I could start to feel my palms sweat.  Sweating palms the bane of my existence.  I couldn't get away from sweaty palms.  I always kept a handkerchief in my pocket so that I could wipe them off constantly without anyone noticing.
I pulled into the driveway of a beautiful dark blue ranch style house.  As I was getting out to my car the oddest thing happened.  I tripped and fell hitting my head on the cement driveway.  When I woke up I was in a field looking up at the sky with trees all around me.  "That's so odd."  I thought knowing that I had just been at the house that I was showing. 
As I was sitting up I heard screaming coming from behind me.  As I turned around I saw a strange figure running at me screaming at the top of her lungs.  I jumped up and started running the other way but she was gaining on me inch by inch.  I started to scream as well.  I could just picture someone standing on the sidelines watching both of us running, screaming.  One chasing the other.  I could have almost laughed but of course I was screaming.  I could feel her gaining on me almost even when she passed me.  I was so confused at that point.  I started to slow down and she just kept on running while screaming.  "Where am I?"  I started to wonder finally able to look around.  The crazy woman had long ago disappeared from my sight.  I was still surrounded by trees.  I didn't know what to do.  Should I start running and try to catch up with the crazy woman or should I go back to the clearing.  I didn't know.  I just stood there in thought again.
When I blinked there was someone else now just standing about 30 feet from me just staring at me.  I must have looked like a statue for a moment because I was lost in another day dream.  When I noticed the woman she just stared at me.  I started to move towards her but she just moved back a step still staring at me.  I looked down for a moment to make sure I wasn't going to step on anything and get tangled but when I looked up she was gone.  Now 2 people I have seen just have come and gone.  Still pondering what I should do I slipped into another daydream but at least this time I was at least walking.  Walking to where I don't know but that isn't what I was thinking about.
(Continued tomorrow)

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

glad to see you writing!

City Girl Stuck on the Coast said...

It's hard for me to come up with things new things from my imagination. It doesn't quite work the best these days.