Sunday, January 16, 2011

Our 6th Anniversary

Bill and I celebrated our 6th anniversary yesterday on the 15th of January. We were married on the 15th at 2 O'clock in the afternoon after a major ice storm. 6 years ago I woke up and took Lucky out to go to that bathroom that day and noticed that every tree was weighed down dramatically with ice. When I came back in my dad asked me if I was still getting married. I said of course I am are you crazy. So that day we slowly made it to the church and Bill and I got married. Only about 80 people showed up out of around 200 that would have came. We were excited to have that many people on such a crazy day of ice though.

We went down to Newport for the weekend to celebrate by going to the Hallmark Resort and Hotel. We got down there at 9pm, walked into the hotel and said that we had reservations for the weekend. I'm glad that I had my reservation confirmation notice because come to find out that the reservation for some reason was for July 14 instead of January 14. Isn't that hilarious!! Jessie, one of the girls that I work with used to work for Hallmark up in Cannon Beach and made the reservations for us. Neither she nor I realized what had happened. So instead of the room we were supposed to get we got a queen size bed with ocean front room. Everything was the same except we didn't have a spa tub. So we had a queen size bed, fireplace, living room, and balcony. It was wonderful.

We went to the Wax Works, Rippley's Believe It or Not, and the Undersea Gardens. We were going to go to the Aquarium but it was raining so hard that we didn't want to get drenched walking through it. We then walked around downtown Newport on the waterfront. Then we went back to the hotel and took a nap. That was really nice to take a nap in the middle of the day. For dinner we then went to a sports pub. They had great food and drinks. I got a Long Island Iced Tea and it was so strong that I was beginning to feel it after a few sips. Which is insane to me. It was nice, fun and romantic in the pub though. It was nice to go somewhere for the weekend and out to dinner with just Bill and I. We had such a great time!!

3 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

glad you had such a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Your wedding 6 years ago was wonderful and fun. Glad the weekend was wonderful. nancy

B said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad you had a nice weekend :o)