Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

So this is a view of Buck Mountain you can see from the ocean all the way to the lights of Portland (at night anyway)!

As we were clearing the path so that the truck could get through the opening better we came across this view. Beautiful, huh!

Bill and I doing a self portrait. See the mountains in the background.


Look I'm standing on a cliff. Ok really it is slightly a cliff but it goes down about 20 to 30 ftish and then it goes into a landing. But it is an awesome picture!


Aren't I cute!

Ok so I have no idea what my husband is doing!


This is the grade the we had to climb up because our truck couldn't finish going up it. It doesn't look like much really but it is about a 10% incline maybe more maybe less. I don't really know if those are the right measurements. All I know is that it is extremely steep.


This is Saddle Mountain from the way back down from Buck Mountain.



This was such a good weekend. I didn't really mind the tourists because I wasn't around. It was a beautiful weekend and our exploring nature brought us out to explore and go where a lot of people haven't been or even heard of before.