Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Three Day Weekend

So it was incredibly nice to have a three day weekend. It was so nice not to have to go to work yesterday. The start of the weekend was normal just hanging out with Bill. We had plans to go to a movie for cameo mans birthday but Bill was called out to work. Sucky. Then when we got home coming down the huge mountain Bill got called out again. Before that second call we could have gone to the movie.

Bill called me close enough to the movie that we decided that maybe we could get there. The showing was at 2:45. I drove up to Bills office, since he dropped me off at home before he went back to work for the second call out. I met him up there he jumped in the car and we raced off. It had to be a really nice weekend driving down the portlanders to the coast clogging the highway to snail speeds. So when the clock struck 2:45 we were at Home Depot picking out curtain rods and new hose sprayer. The curtain rod I was thinking for the kitchen window but when we got home it was to short so I'm going to use it for the bathroom.

Which leads me to Mondays activities. For the first time in my life I bought fabric. I got a deep rich green for my bathroom and a shimmering red for the kitchen. I started on the bathroom curtains and if you look really closely to the top I can't freehand so for the life of me. I was free handed it because my sewing machine wouldn't go through all the layers of fabric. Then you can really notice that I'm new at sewing because my curtains and different widths. I love it. I'm not the picky sewer like my mom. I'm not going to redo anything because it takes to long. However the way that I'm going to hang them in bathroom I don't think that you will be able to notice. The curtains are only about a 1/2 inch difference between each other. I'm so excited though for them.

The good thing is that I got to hang out with the decaf addict which was so nice. I love days off.

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

fun I am so glad yuo got them done!!! and that you lost a pound! Its been a bit of an interesting week for me I think I might have gained weight, but I will check later urgh.

Emily said...

If you check any of my projects, none of them are perfect :) Sometimes if you're the only one who will notice, they're good enough.
I'm glad you lost a pound and I wish you luck in losing more.